Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dictionary!

Hello! this Dictionary is VERY short, and I promised you I would tell you about sweating sickness, so I will keep that promise. After Dictionary.

Heraldry- The study of coats of arms.
Genealogy- To trace your ancestors.
Auburn- Rusty brown.
Now Sweating Sickness. The Sweate (as it was commonly called,) was a disease that began with apprehension and then cold shivers.You would then be giddy and have headache afterwards. You would have severe neck, shoulder and limb pain, also exhaustion. Now sweating, and a sense of heat everywhere you go. You would be delirious and be very thirsty.  Tired much? You would be if you were in this stage of the sweate you would want to sleep an expert wouldn't let you. Why? you would most likely die. Now I bet you're glad the disease went extinct in 1578 huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweating sickness sounds like the PEI cold that I brought back from the Maritimes.